Jika anda seorang pelajar ataupun bekas pelajar (alumni) SMK Tengku Suleiman. Berdaftarlah untuk menjadi follower blog ini. Blog SMK Tengku Suleiman adalah blog kita, kalau kita warganya tak memeriahkan blog ini, takkan kita nak suruh orang lain memeriahkannya. Usaha penghasilan blog ini adalah untuk memudahkan kita semua mendapatkan informasi mengenai SMK Tengku Suleiman. Sokonglah blog kita! Berilah komen dan cadangan yang berguna dan membina untuk setiap cerita yang telah anda baca. Nama baik sekolah terletak ditangan anda.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Brief History of the School and Its development.

Early History 1965-1982

SMTS is located about 11km from Kangar town. This school was started it was founded in 1964 and was completed in July 1965. It was built in an area of 22.2 acres of an area. In the original, this school has three blocks of buildings with 17 classrooms, an office, a headmaster room, a canteen, a room of teachers, two domestic science rooms, two industrial arts workshop and a library room.

 The school started with about 207 pupils and 10 teachers and the five teachers from the RTC. Mr.Mahmud b. Hj. Hashim. (Now Datuk Indera Jaya Hj.Mahmud b. Hj.Hashim) is the first Headmaster . On October 25, 1965 the school was officially opened by Mohd Khir b. Johari (Minister of Education at that time). The school was originally a secondary school that has two Major varieties of Malay and English streams. The school has also been specially selected for the pilot tried Agricultural Science subject. A total of RM4000.00 been allocated for projects in rearing chicken eggs and meat, fish rearing and cultivation of fruits and vegetables.

In 1967, its the first time students take the school certificate examination (SRP) and the 1969 Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM). On October 21, 1969, the Honourable Datuk Abd. Rahman Yaakob, Minister of Education  has visited the school. As of 1970, out of 37 teachers are non-graduate teachers. The school appealed to the Chief Education Officer of Perlis to send two graduated teachers in 1971.

In 1974, En. Mohd Hashim b. Abdul Rahman was appointed as principal to replace Mr. Mahmud b. Hj. Hashim, who has resigned to pursue politics full time.
By the year 1977, the number of students increased to 1310 people with 49 teachers. So on March 16, 1977, the school has opened branches in Batu 16, Jalan Padang Besar. However, the increased number of students continue. The management had decided to have held two sessions of 23 classes in the morning session and 13 classes in the afternoon session. Number of students in 1979 was 1333 people with 53 teachers.

No comments: